Trending News: Smart Glass Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Analysis, Research
Global Smart Glass Market: Key Highlights
- According to the new market research report “Smart Glass Market by Mode of Control (Wall Switches, Remote Control, Smartphones, Automated Systems, Others), by Technology (Active Smart Glass (PDLC, SPD, EC), Passive Smart Glass (Photochromic, Thermochromic)), by Application (Architectural & Construction(Office Partitions, Hotels, Hospitals, Residential, Others), by Region (North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America) — Global Forecast (2019 to 2027)”, the global Smart Glass market is estimated to reach USD 13.3 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 16.6% during the review period.
- Smart glass technology can be integrated into partitions, windows, and other transparent surfaces in various sectors such as interior design, architecture, retail windows, automotive, consumer electronics, and hospitals.
- By technology, the market is segmented into the active and passive smart glass. In the active smart glass, suspended particle device (SPD) smart glass is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Global Smart Glass Market: Key Market Dynamics
- Increasing demand from the automotive & transportation industry and the growing adoption of smart glass in hospitals is projected to drive the market during projected years. Moreover, emerging trends of eco-friendly or green buildings and supportive government regulations have also added value to the growing process of the smart glass market during the forecast period.
- However, high cost & limited commercialization are expected to restrain the market during the forecasted years
- Increasing opportunities from energy-efficient products, emerging applications from solar generation power plants are expected to become an opportunity for the smart glass market during the forecast period
Request Sample PDF of Global Smart Glass Market:
Global Smart Glass Market: Regional Overview
- North America
North America is expected to dominate the smart glass market during the forecast period due to the early adoption of new technologies, high investments in research and development by global players and the presence of global players. Research Frontiers Inc., Polytronix, Inc., GENTEX CORPORATION, and Kinestral Technologies, Inc. are some of the key players who are expected to drive the market in North America. Increasing applications of corporate offices, healthcare, and the automotive industry are expected to dominate the market in North America.
Europe is expected to grow at the highest growth rate during the forecast period. France, Germany, Italy, and the UK will drive the smart glass market in Europe. Healthcare, architecture & construction, and automotive applications are expected to boost the smart glass market in the European region. Saint Gobain, Merck KGAA, and Carl Zeiss AG are some of the major players in the European region. The government initiatives for green buildings and energy harvesting are fueling the growth of the smart glass market in this region.
Global Smart Glass Market: Key Players Overview
- Saint Gobain:
Saint Gobain is one of the market leaders in the manufacturing, designing, and distributing of high-performance building materials. The company provides its products to various end-use applications such as buildings & transportation, infrastructure, and many industrial applications. The company provides Sageglass, a dynamic range of products who provide exceptional control of daylight, glare and energy use without the need for traditional solutions, like blinds, shades or low-e glass. In October 2018, the company launched SageGlass Harmony, a dynamic glass to enhance the occupant experience by maximizing visual and thermal comfort. This glass also provides heat, daylight, and glare management with maintaining a seamless and natural connection with outdoors.
- Research Frontiers Inc.:
Research Fontiers Inc. is the developer of SPD-SmartGlass and electronically tintable window technology. Electronically tintable window glass changes tint of any window, skylight, and sunroof by aligning tiny particles in thin-film within plastic or glass. SPD-SmartGlass is a versatile glass and can be controlled by dimmers, wall switches, motion detectors, and temperature or light sensor. In June 2019, Gauzy ltd. has increased its investment in Research Frontiers to make smart windows and other products.
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of market research reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets.
Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. We strive to help our clients to foray into uncharted space to attain increased revenue growth for the present as well as the future.
Phone: +1 (720) 306 9020