Post Covid-19 Update: Esim Market To Reach USD 1.75 Billion By 2027 | CAGR 16.2% — Forencis Research
Global eSIM Market: Key Highlights
- According to the new market research report “eSIM Market by Application (Smartphones, M2M, Laptops, Tablets, Wearables, Connected Cars, Others), by End Use Industry (Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Transportation & Logistics, manufacturing, Retail, Others (Energy & Utilities)), by Region (Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America, North America) — Global Forecast (2020 to 2027)”, the global eSIM market is estimated to reach USD 1.75 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 16.2% during the review period.
- The embedded SIM is a new secure element designed to remotely manage multiple mobile network operator subscriptions and be compliant with GSMA’s Remote SIM Provisioning specifications.
- In current situation, 200 mobile carriers in more than 80 countries offer eSIM consumer services.
- The main devices that support eSIM are Apple’s iPad Pro, Apple Watch (Series 3, 4, 5), iPhone (XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, Pro Max), Google’s Pixel 2, 3, 3 XL, 4 & 4 XL versions), as well as Windows 10-powered, connected PCs
Global eSIM Market: Key Market Dynamics
- Rising usage of wearable electronics and high-end smartphone and high adoption of IoT technology will drive the market during growth rate.
- Moreover, growing demand of smart solutions and connected devices will become an opportunity for the eSIM market during the forecast period.
- However, lack of technological awareness and lack of standardization will impacted negative on the growth of the market during projected years.
- According to GSMA, the space saved by embedding a SIM can be as much as 90% on a physical card.
Request Sample PDF of Global eSIM Market:
Global eSIM Market: Regional Overview
- North America
The eSIM market in the North American region is projected to witness to grow with highest CAGR during forecast period. Development in wireless technologies, communication technologies, and early adoption of technology infrastructure will have impacted positively on the growth rate of the region. The company such as Apple Inc. is currently using eSIM in its latest product line up. Moreover, Apple Inc. is one the most selling and more popular brand in North America as well as in whole world. Hence it will add value in the growth of the North America. US and Canada are expected to hold largest market share in the eSIM market during forecast period.
Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market during forecast period. Increasing usage of smartphones, increasing mobile Internet penetration and high presence of suppliers and distributors of wearable devices will be fueling the market growth during projected years. Moreover, major network operators are heavily investing in R & D of network services to provide Internet solution and services will also add some benefits in the growth of the eSIM market.
Global ESIM Market: Key Players Overview
- Infineon Technologies AG:
The company engages in the provision of semiconductor solutions to various end use applications such as automotive, communication, consumer electronics, industrial, and security & solutions among others. The company offers various eSIM products which are shown below:
Source: Infineon Technologies AG
In March 2020, the company launched OPTIGA Connect 5G ready eSIM turnkey solution for mobile consumer devices. This solution fully supports all GSMA standards from 3G to 5G and securely authenticates the device to the subscribed carrier network of choice.
- Thales Group:
The company manufacturers various products and solutions to provide services in aerospace, defense & security, digital identity and security, space, transport, and market specific solutions. Thales has developed a full range of subscription eSIM management services to handle the embedded SIM during the entire life cycle of the device. Thales’s eSIM management allows to securely and remotely manage the lifecycle of cellular subscriptions, in order to deliver a seamless customer experience for connecting more than 7 billion consumer and industrial eSIM-ready devices expected to be shipped by 2025. In March 2020, the company selects Google Cloud technology to deliver highly secure and scalable activation of eSIM capable services.
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of market research reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets.
Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. We strive to help our clients to foray into uncharted space to attain increased revenue growth for the present as well as the future.
Phone: +1 (720) 306 9020