Ongoing Automation In Food Industry Is Expected To Drive The Food Robotics Market
Global Food Robotics Market: Key Highlights
- According to the new market research report “Food Robotics Market by Robot Type (Articulated, Cartesian, Delta & SCARA), by Utility (Packaging and Repackaging, Palletizing, Picking & Placing, Production), by Application (Restaurant and Food Processing Facility), by Region (Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America, North America) — Global Forecast (2020 to 2027)”, the global food robotics market is estimated to reach USD 3.51 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 8.9% during the study period.
- Rise in automation in the food industry for packaging, processing and handling the food products in the food processing facilities, is driving the market growth
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) imposed regulation on the manufacturing and processing plants for maintaining product safety is further fueling the growth of this market
- High installation and maintenance cost of the robots is hampering the growth of food robotics market
Global Food Robotics Market: Key Market Dynamics
- Increasing global food demand, shifting preference towards processed food products along with rise in labor wages and reduction in skilled workforce is driving demand for automation in food industry
- Food borne diseases associated with the food through human intervention has resulted the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to introduce the Food Safety Modernization Act (FEMA) for maintaining safety and hygiene at food processing facilities, fuels the market growth
- High installation and maintenance cost of robots leading to inclination towards labor driven process in hampering the market growth
- Increasing adoption of the robots across the restaurant and fast food chains especially in the emerging and developed nations is creating new growth opportunities for the market growth
- Low penetration of food robotics in the developing and underdeveloped nations is acting as key challenge for the market growth
Global Food Robotics Market: Regional Overview
- North America
In North America, the food robotics is expected to escalate in the years to follow owing to rising demand and shipment of robots in the region. As per the Robotic Industries Association, the sales of robots in North America increased by 5.2% in the 2019, when compared to 2018. Furthermore, the companies based in North America has pipelined deliveries of around USD 1.3 billion. Booming food and food processing industry owing to shifting consumer preference towards packaged food products, resulting into higher need of automated process.
The food robotics market in Asia-Pacific is growing on the grounds of increasing demand for robots in countries such as Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and China. Increasing demand for processed food products owing to rise in working population, increase in disposable income, and higher preference to convenience food products. Among Asia-Pacific countries, China is facing issues related to labor wage hike, leading to shift in preference towards automated and robotic technology is driving the market growth in Asia Pacific.
Global Food Robotics Market: Key Players Overview
- FANUC America Corporation:
FANUC America Corporation provides robots, CNC system and factory automation solution used across foundry, glass, medical and pharmaceutical, oil & gas, paper & printing, food & beverage and electronics sector. Product portfolio includes robots, CNC & motion control, robodrill, robonano. In October 2019, FANUC America Corporation launched next generation DR-3iB delta robot dedicated for picking and packing primary and secondary food product.
- KUKA AG:
German based KUKA AG offers customized robots in the wide range with varied load capacities. The product portfolio includes KR AGILUS, KR CYBERTECH, KUKA KR C4, KR 30–3, KR 60–3, KR 40PA, KR QUANTEC PA arctic and KR 700 PA among others for food application. In February 2020, the company announced development of first fast food robot for serving snacks, beverages and desserts for restaurant business.
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of market research reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets.
Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. We strive to help our clients to foray into uncharted space to attain increased revenue growth for the present as well as the future.
Phone: +1 (720) 306 9020