E-Commerce Market: Summary
The Global E-Commerce Market is projected to reach a value of USD 26.34 trillion by 2027 at a CAGR of 13.9%.
The E-commerce is refers to buying and selling of goods and services on online services or over the Internet. It is also known as electronic commerce or Internet commerce, which often used to the sale of physical products online. The E-Commerce can also entail various other types of activities, which includes payment gateways, online ticketing, as well as the internet banking. Global E-Commerce market with the growing mobile and internet penetration. However, the lack of implementation of technical platform are expected to hamper the growth of the market.
E-Commerce Market: Market Dynamics
- Growing Mobile and Internet Penetration
- There has been growing mobile and internet penetration will play a significant role for e-commerce market. The rising developing infrastructure facilities as well as the surging the number of internet users are projected to boost the market growth.
- As per the GSM Association, by 2025 the smartphone penetration will reach more than 55% of the global population. These will lead to create an opportunities for the growth of the market in the forecast period.
- For example, the data from ShopperTrak, the physical store traffic on Black Friday has been declined by 1% year over year, as well as the two day Thanksgiving-Black Friday period saw a 1.6% decline in traffic. Whereas, the more than 30% of sales on Black Friday has been came through a mobile device, which is increase by 10% from the previous year. Hence the indication that E-Commerce is becoming m-commerce.
- On May 2020, chocolate maker Hershey India has partnered with Swiggy and Dunzo to launch their flagship online store in order to increase reach.
- For example, The Government of India has introduced Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM), which provides a simple mobile-based platform for digital payments.
- The various smartphone users is prefer to use mobile devices that includes tablets as well as smartphones for the purpose to browse stores online, rather than laptops or home computer systems.
- Rising Flexible Online Selling Framework
- Rising Number of Small and Medium Enterprises
- Lack of Implementation of Technical Platform
E-Commerce Market: Key Segments
- The E-commerce Market is majorly segments into business type and end-user
- On the basis of business type the market is bifurcated into business-to-business (b2b) and business-to-consumer (b2c). The business-to-business (b2b) is projected to get the largest share. The growing penetration of smartphones, coupled with Internet usage, is projected to fuel the B2B E-Commerce in the forecast period.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is sub segmented into retail, travel and tourism, healthcare, entertainment/media, automotive and others.
E-Commerce Market: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for the major market share as the region one of the highest Internet penetration rates. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest growth rate with the developing infrastructure facilities as well as the increasing number of Internet users is expected to boost the growth of the market in the forecast period.
E-Commerce Market: Report Scope
The report on the E-Commerce market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Report FeaturesSpecificsHistorical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years2019–2027Historical Year2018Base Year2019Forecasted Period2020–2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)Measured UnitsValue (USD Million)Segments IncludedBusiness Type and End-UserRegional CoverageNorth America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Best Buy Co Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- eBay Inc.
- Home Depot Inc.
- JD.com, Inc.
- Walmart Inc.
- Other Key Companies
E-Commerce Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
E-Commerce Market, by Business Type
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
- Online Retail
- Online Travel
E-Commerce Market, by End-User
- House Hold Goods
- Travel and Tourism
- E-Health Services
E-Commerce Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- E-Commerce Market Providers
- E-Commerce Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of E-Commerce Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE E-COMMERCE MARKET STUDY