Lice Treatment Market Industry Overview & Size, Share by Company, Trends and Growth Analysis
Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the lice treatment market was valued at USD 93.47 million in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 156.44 million by 2029, registering a CAGR of 6.65% during the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. The market report curated by the Data Bridge Market Research team includes in-depth expert analysis, patient epidemiology, pipeline analysis, pricing analysis, and regulatory framework.
In recent years, the lice treatment market is anticipated to grow rapidly during the forecast period. According to a UN survey released in 2019, the number of children under the age of 14 is anticipated to surpass 2.02 billion in 2019 and reach 2.06 billion by 2050. Because of the large number of people who are susceptible to lice infestation, the market is expected to develop. Lice is a parasite that feeds on human blood and thrives primarily on the head or public areas. Most lice treatments must be applied twice, seven to ten days apart, and nits must be removed by combing damp hair with a fine-toothed comb.
Lice are wingless, blood-sucking insects that feed on the blood of humans and live on their heads or scalps. When lice suck blood from people, they inject saliva. Blood coagulation is prevented by injecting saliva. Pruritus is a disease caused by lice saliva entering the human circulatory system. The lice’s saliva may trigger severe allergic reactions in some people, and the lice’s sharp claws can cause itching and pain by moving through hair strands. Lice treatments (called pediculicides) are accessible without a prescription or over the counter. Shampoos, lotions, and cream rinses are among them.
Read More : https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/reports/global-lice-treatment-market
- Increasing cases of head lice across the globe
The rising head lice cases across the globe are estimated to enhance the lice treatment market’s growth. Head lice are known to transmit any disease, yet they do not transmit infections. They can cause excruciating itching and subsequent skin diseases. Sleep loss, extreme itching, discomfort, and a loss of attention on important tasks are among well-known side symptoms of head lice. These factors are fueling the global lice treatment market’s expansion.
- Increasing investment for healthcare infrastructure
Another significant factor influencing the growth rate of lice treatment market is the rising healthcare expenditure which helps in improving its infrastructure. Also, various government organizations aims to improve the healthcare infrastructure by increasing funding and this will further influence the market dynamics.
Furthermore, rising initiatives by public and private organizations to spread awareness and increasing prevalence of lice parasites contamination will expand the lice treatment market. Additionally, surging awareness towards health and rising adoption rate of over-the counter drugs will result in the expansion of lice treatment market.
- In October 2020, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had announced the approval of a lotion used in the treatment of head lice for nonprescription, or over-the-counter (OTC), use through a process called a prescription (Rx)-to-OTC switch. The prescription drug manufacturer usually initiates the changeover from prescription to over-the-counter. The evidence presented must demonstrate that the drug is safe and effective when used as instructed in the proposed labelling for it to be switched from prescription to nonprescription status. According to the company, consumers must be able to grasp how to use the drug safely and efficiently without the assistance of a healthcare expert.
Competitive Landscape and Lice Treatment Market Share Analysis
The Lice treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, production capacities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth, application dominance. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to lice treatment market.
Some of the major players operating in the lice treatment market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Mylan N.V. (US)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.(Israel)
- Sanofi (France), Pfizer Inc. (US)
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (UK)
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- AstraZeneca (UK)
- Johnson & Johnson (US)
- Bayer AG (Germany)
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (India)
- Eli Lilly and Company (US)
- Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals, LLC (US)
- ParaPRO LLC (US)
- Encube Ethicals (India)
- GALDERMA (Switzerland)
- Alliance Pharmaceuticals (UK)
- Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd (US)
- Arbor Pharmaceuticals (US)
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. (India)
- Perrigo Company plc (Ireland)