Flexible Display Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Analysis, Research
Global Flexible Display Market: Key Highlights
- According to the new market research report “Flexible Display Market by Technology (Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED), Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Quantum Dot, E-paper Display, Others), by Material (Glass-Reinforced Plastic (GRP), Glass, Polymer, Others), by Display Type (Bendable, Rollable, Foldable), by Application (Smartphone & Tablets, Laptop, Smartcard, TV, Wearable Displays, E-Reader, Digital Signage, Electronic Shelf Label, Others) by Region (North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America) — Global Forecast (2019 to 2027)”, the global flexible display market is estimated to reach USD 64.1 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 33.6% during the review period
- The flexible display has advantages over traditional display technology which include bendable, ultra-thin, lightweight, unbreakable, portable, shatter-proof, and low energy consumption
- Such displays can be incorporated in many electronic devices such as smartphone, tablets, laptops, smartcards, TV, wearable displays E-reader, digital signage, electronic shelf label, and others
Global Flexible Display Market: Key Market Dynamics
- Increasing demand for consumer electronics products and advancement in display technologies are expected to boost the market during upcoming years
- Moreover, the growing adoption of smart wearables is expected to become an opportunity for the flexible display market
- However, the complex manufacturing process of flexible displays may hinder the growth of the market during the projected period.
- Cost of the product and maintenance of the product will become a challenge for the flexible display market
Global Flexible Display Market: Regional Overview
- North America
Flexible Display market in North America is expected to grow with the fastest growth rate during the forecast period. North America has world-class companies with process technologies, competencies, equipment, and intellectual property relevant to flexible and printed electronics. The US expected to dominate the flexible display market in the North America region. The US enjoys various advantages in the growing field of flexible electronics owing to it has the quality and largest system infrastructure of system universities in the world, in which many universities are engaged in research and development of flexible electronics. Thus, the flexible display market will increase and get the highest growth during the upcoming years.
Asia-Pacific is expected to hold the largest market share in the flexible display market during the forecast period. The growing semiconductor industry, the consumer electronics market and growing developments in display technology drive the market in the Asia-Pacific region. China, Singapore, Japan, and South Korea are adopting new technologies faster than any other country in Asia-Pacific that will help to boost the market of the Asia Pacific region. The presence of global display manufacturing companies such as Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, LG, and Japan Display will boost the market in this region.
Global Flexible Display Market: Key Players Overview
Samsung engages in the provision of selling and manufacturing of computer peripherals and various electronic products. The company operates through three business segments: Information technology & mobile communication, consumer electronics, and device solutions. The IT & communication segment offers computers and digital cameras, handheld products, and communication systems. The consumer electronics segment provides TV, monitor, printer, air- conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, and medical devices. Devices solutions segment consists of a light emitting diode, system large scale integrated circuit, and memory. In September 2019, Samsung launched Galaxy Fold, a flexible display with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 soc process with QXGA 1536 x 2152 screen resolution.
- Sony Corporation:
Sony Corporation engages in the development, design, manufacture, and sale of electronic equipment, instruments, devices, game consoles, and software for consumers, professionals and industrial markets. The company operates through nine business segments: home entertainment and sound, game and network services, imaging products and solutions, music, pictures, mobile communications, semiconductors, financial services, and all others. In July 2019, Sony patents a flexible display with built-in sensors. These built-in sensors include pressure sensors, temperature sensors, and acceleration sensors.
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of market research reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets.
Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. We strive to help our clients to foray into uncharted space to attain increased revenue growth for the present as well as the future.
Phone: +1 (720) 306 9020